Thursday 13 February 2014

oat cookies


So quick, so simple and so delicious.  Oat cookies.  I make these oat biscuits or cookies regularly for the little ones. They are a firm favourite. Great for lunchboxes and after school treats.  And especially good with a cup of tea and your feet up.

oat cookies (makes 16)

ingredients

75g plain flour
75g porridge oats
75g golden caster sugar
75g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda

method

Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.  Mix the flour, porridge oats, sugar and baking soda in a bowl using a wooden spoon.  Stir well to combine.
Melt the butter and golden syrup together over a gentle heat.  Pour over the dry ingredients and mix again.
The resulting mixture is glossy and quite crumbly.  Take small amounts of the mix and roll into golf ball sized balls and place on a greased baking tray.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
Cool and enjoy.

Note: I made these cookies last night and omitted 25g of the sugar.  I consciously try when baking to cut the sugar content a little bit, just to see if we miss it.  The cookies were equally moreish so I will use 50g sugar next time.

Are you a fan of homemade biscuits?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Oh yum, looks like the perfect simple and easy to to recipe Bee, thanks so much for sharing, I am hoping to get more baking done in the half term x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is really quick and easy Penny ... hope you enjoy them ... Bee xx

      Delete
  2. Bee you publish the best recipes ever.....D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bee
    Homemade biscuits - I am definitely a fan! These sound lovely so I'll be giving them a try. Thank you for posting (although the photo looks so yummy, I shall now have to find something to eat... bother!)
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look yummy, Bee - thanks for sharing the recipe. And a good idea re the reduction of sugar too - trying to cut down on that a wee bit here too. And to answer your question: a decided YES.. homemade cookies are the bestest!
    Happy weekend,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yummy!!! Now, where's the biscuit tin???.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this recipe - they look scrumptious, and nothing beats an easy wooden spoon recipe! Perfect for a rainy weekend...Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, they look so good! I've bookmarked the recipe. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I'm pinning these right now. I love simple recipes like this and I agree with you on the sugar thing so I will try them at 50g too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious, just the thing for a wet, grey February day. I like recipes that don't involve much washing up! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious I am sure, and as Gillian says, just the thing for not making lots of washing up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look yummy! I love making homemade biscuits...have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look fab and very easy especially as I'm having a bit of a porridge 'thing' at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes ... we love a homemade cookie! M x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just made these, wow! How simple and sooo yummy! Like the best hobnobs ever...thanks bee! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so goody especially on that beautiful plate. I love oat and raisin cookies, but have never found a recipe as good as the shop-bought ones. So I'll definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for taking the time to visit .... it's always really lovely to hear from you.

I love to read your messages .... please stop by again if you've asked me a question or want to chat.

Bee x

© the linen cloud. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig